Friday 27 June 2014

Unemployment becomes her

It feels as if I've been unemployed for months, but actually it's only been a couple of weeks.

I find that I'm just as - if not more - busy now as I was when I had a full time job. As ever, looking for a new job, writing applications, taking tests (one's never done with tests) and going to interviews are all time consuming, then there are my 'side' projects - networking, going to startup events, scheduling meetings, maintaining my website, trying to fulfill my ambitions to become a writer, keeping up with my Chinese, seeing friends, sleeping, etc etc. I prefer this kind of busy though.

Taking steps towards becoming a writer is both fun and difficult. It's hard to know where to start and who to speak to on the subject, though people with connections have been more than helpful. I've got a few things out there on the web - to help towards creating a 'portfolio' I guess - but it's hard to tell whether or not it's getting me anywhere. I'm falling behind on emails and should probably keep writing to people for advice.

I don't really want a job though. Well, not a 'real' job anyway. Most of the things I've applied for are either part-time or 'remote' based working that will further my ambitions of becoming a writer, because at the moment, that's what I want to focus on. I'm planning many other projects at the moment (besides the few I've got going on), so we'll see if I'll be able to keep up with it all! Also planning on improving my Chinese and learning the piano at some point, all whilst taking driving lessons!

That's it for my quick update - hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment