Tuesday 18 February 2014

Guess who's back?

If you haven't heard, drop everything you're doing and listen up kids, cos I'm back in London, and when I say back, I mean back.

HOW I EXPECT MY FRIENDS TO REACT TO MY HOMECOMING


After a dramatic and a little bit sad abandonment of my post in China, I've made the executive decision to get my career kicked off here in the UK. No point in competing with all those graduates about to burst into the world in September - it's bad enough finding a job as it is without their fresh-faced optimism.

Life's back in full swing here. I've got several (yes, several) interviews coming up this week, including an initial one today that I passed, although it didn't feel like it at the time, and a couple more grad-style 'assessment centres'. God I hate assessment centres. I really don't want to be heading off against 150 other passionate/desperate recent graduates who are trying to flaunt their minuscule amount of experience over one another (I can say these things, as I'm one of them). I'd be better in the hunger games. At least I wouldn't have to pretend to be really enthusiastic about an entry level position and a teeny-tiny salary.

I'm also in the market for a tablet and, yes, I know I don't have a job yet, but it's not like I'm buying an iPad. I've settled on Google Nexus, but I'm torn between the 10 and the 7. I'm falling on the side of the 7, but the size is putting my off slightly - my giant man hands may swamp the poor thing. On the other hand, the 7's specs are much better. Decisions decisions.

I keep feeling like I'll be leaving the country again any minute now - I haven't lived in London for almost 5 years now! But I promise I won't. Friends, get in contact!

HOW THEY ACTUALLY REACT

No comments:

Post a Comment